Canine Manners - Group Class
This dog obedience class is designed for dogs in all stages of training, from the novice pup to the experienced student. If you feel your dog could benefit from a group class, which includes training in distractions and socialization, this may be the best option for you and your dog.
This class typically consists of 4 to 6 dogs to ensure that every owner and dog receives the personal attention they need, while still maintaining the group structure. Instruction includes the obedience commands listed below.
Canine Manner Class Answers these Questions:
- What is a release command and why is it important?
- How dogs think and more specifically, how does my dog think?
- Why dogs behave the way they do?
- How can I correct behavioral problems that I am already experiencing?
- What techniques can I use to prevent future behavioral problems?
- How can I correct biting, jumping, and excessive barking?
More specific topics covered in this class include:
- The first session of the Canine Manners Course is an introductory class that will educate you on dog behavior, the human/dog historical connection, and our specific training methods and philosophies.
- How to teach your dog to ignore distractions.
- Any other questions you might have! We are always ready to take on the next challenge!
In this program, our main focus is to teach you to train your dog in a manner that encourages your dog to be confident and shows your dog how to enjoy learning and behaving the way you'd prefer.
Format: 6-week dog training class